Self inflating mat repair glue question.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have a Vango Adventure DLX mat that I have not used for years due to a botched puncture repair where I tried to use superglue and paper patches.

I have now realised that superglue can be removed and after nicking her nail polish remover successfully got the bodged repair back to the original state.

I have some repair patches but the glue has gone walkies. So my question is should I wait and get some Seamgrip adhesive or can I use something else? I have bike puncture glue and contact adhesive at hand.

Steve.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Manufacturers supply Polyurethane glue, it's the best type for the repair. Tube cement won't work guaranteed and contact adhesive I wouldn't trust to make an airtight seal.

Seamgrip is very good. Wilkinsons also do a polyurethane glue for much less money. ;)

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
My issue blowup mat had a nice slash puncture. Despite following the instructions, it was a write off. Still used as a kip matt though.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I've had a real mare trying to fix mine. Not only did the plastic insert break, got that fixed with glue and nail varnish. But also I've got some other leaks. Thought I'd cracked it, with some spray glue and some good material, but still leaking. I'll keep trying though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE