sedge- good for the urban bush man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troy ap De skog

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
In a Shack
well this grass of marshy ground, that you can grow relativly quicky in a bucket of water in the garden. is greate for praticeing skills and is often overlooked...

i use it for makeing plated cordage..wich is resonably strong
but is great for make waterproof thatch, and if made tight enought water tight bowls..
if you use dead rushes of seadge, you can flaten them and weave into cloth or bags.

if any one else has other usesfor it leave them on the thread....

rivermom

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
Sligo, Ireland
you can stuff it in your boots, if they are too big, when you have to walk in very wet conditions in winter. Even when wet, it keeps your feet warm.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
Years ago I lived in a tipi for 4 years, I use soft rush on the floor and under my bed. I slept on sheepskins on rush and it was the most comfortable mattress ever. Rush was traditionally used for strewing on the floors of houses etc it is warm and water proof, to an extent.
Soft rush also makes a good rushlight, pull the skin off and dip into tallow or wax, they burn quickly but were made in there millions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE