Searching for the "perfect" rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
I'm trying guys..., but as you know it's like searching the Holy Grail :)
Anyway, this is my rucksack, a Berghaus 25 litres: it's not big, but it's sufficent for most of my trips :)
Here the front side: you may see a Lansky sharpener (red color) linked to the pocket, it's light, it's work, also you have 2 different types of sharpening possibilities

backside: on the top a luminescent compass (Brunton), it's light, it's work, and it's good also because you may find the rucksack on the dark, on the right webbing a shackle, on the left webbing 4" knife, on the belt (right side) a Maxpedition Rollypolly

the RollyPolly it's an expandable pocket

you may push on it different things that you want to have readily available during the trip

between my back and the rucksack I stored a pair of gloves (Mechanix) and a cotton bandana, the airflow is always possible

on the top-pocket: wallet, what I call my Suddenly Emergency Kit (bandstrip, lighter, etc.), kleenex, sunglasses, folding knife (Benchmade Ruckus), malice clips, lighter, labello stick, Pentagon light, Fenix P3D light, homemade firestarter

Pentagon light it's usefull also to had light walking, due to the clip

inside rucksack: shemag, hat and gloves for cold climates, underclothes, cotton piece, hat for hot climates, survival blanket, SAS survival guide, 72 hours survival kit, stuff for make water drinkable (forgott the name :), 60 cm plastic tube, 4 metres paracord 550lb

on the rucksack pocket's: aluminium bottle (Cassin), steel thermos (Salewa), folding saw (Opinel n. 18)

folding saw could be replaced by a little axe if needed (sheath handmade by myself)

Hope not boired you too much.
Ciao! Alfredo

Last edited:

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
A very tidy kit Alfredo. Thank you for posting.

What is the knife on the left shoulder strap? The pentagon light looks interesting also.

Thanks.
the knife it's a Scrap Yard MUK.
Pentagon light is interesting, 40 lumens (which is sufficient to walk, build shelter etc.), it's very light but rough, I like it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE