Searching for good quality rectangular sleeping bag. Advice please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Apologies if this has been done before but I can't find anything through 'Search'.

Having had a mummy style bag for many many years, I've grown to feeling uncomfortable in it and would like to shift back to a rectangular bag.

This will be used pretty much 3-season in a small-ish tent, occasionally in a caravan awning and maybe the odd once or twice umder a tarp.

I know there's quite a lot of good feeling toowards Tesco kit but is their rectangular bag up to this sort of thing?

If not, can anyone please recommend a good quality, value for money bag, which will last me a few years?

TIA

Best Wishes
David

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Vango Venom 200 Square ? however it's only rated as 2 season but could uprate it with a liner (fleece or silk).
I picked one up at a bargain price and seen them on sale other times too.

Stumbled across this the other day; looks nice but I don't suppose it will be cheap;

Nordisk HJALMAR HP
http://www.nordisk.eu/products/details/45&tid=10&zone_id=3

Seems to me that most rectangular bags are designed for summer use or are huge bulky synthetic things; OK for car camping but not for stuffing in a rucksack.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I have had no cold problems with the Navigator, although under the tarp I always use an army goretex bivvy bag and if it is very cold I back it up with a Snugpak Thermalon knitted polyester liner.

My only complaint with this bag is that it's just not quite long enough for me to really draw the hood up tight without bending my legs a little; I'm 6'6" tall.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE