Searching for a Campsite South Midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Podcast Bob

Can anyone offer any advice please on this?

I'm trying to organise a 'try a tarp' weekend for interested lightweight backpacking customers of mine on the weekend the 9th 10th August. Ideally in the south Birmingham area where people who have shown an interest in trying it, but nervous about the practicalities, want to have a small social gathering and build their confidence.

I'm struggling to find somewhere which is fairly rural, and will give the people a sense of isolation, but which also has basic toilet facilities and space for about 20 tarps and hammocks.

The aim is to encourage more people to try this as a camping style, especially with their partners (hence the need for toilets) and not make it too rufty tufty. A gentle introduction if you like and I'll be including lessons on how to pitch tarps and tie knots etc.

I see various threads from people here who have access to woods and farms. Can anyone suggest a place I can rent for the weekend, that might be agreeable to the idea?

The Scout place at Coventry is too far as is the heart of Wales. The more commercial campsites are too organised and the few farm sites I know, are fairly booked.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE