seam sealing luxe hex peak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steingis

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
cleveland
i started seam sealing the hex peak with the tube it came with, it dried in 2 mins, doesnt look very good and peeled off fairly easy so i stopped.
it does state to seam the inside but ive read off people doing the outside, is this normal of seam sealer or just not a good seam sealer?
i thought it would dry transparent
DSC_0014_zps77a6f49d.jpg.html

DSC_0014_zps77a6f49d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0001_zps1ded39a2.jpg.html

DSC_0001_zps1ded39a2.jpg.html

DSC_0001_zps1ded39a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
That sealer is for the inside only bud as it is a PVC seam sealer. You need to use silnet diluted with white spirits on the outside or there are favourable reports on using clear bathroom sealant thinned in the same way. Even with the PVC sealer that is best used when thinned.

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
It sounds like the sealing mixture may have been a bit too thick. You need a really runny silicon/white spirit mix (not as runny as water, think single creamish) Make your own and test try it. I,ve just seam sealed one of my tents and the results were spot on. Cost around £6. Takes some mixing together mind you.��

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
I had the very same thing on the same tent. Instructions seemed to say to do the outside but I ended up having to remove it once this happened. I haven't had the chance since to try and do it with diluted bathroom silicone.

steingis

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
cleveland
i remember reading now this tent is sil on the outside and pvc(?) on the inside so if i wanted to do outside i would need a silicone sealer which this is not... oops,
i can get and amounts of transparent silicone tubes for sealing in window frames, think that will work mixed with white spirit?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE