Screw top watertight metal container

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am after a Screw top watertight metal container to make a plumbers stove,

I use a golden syrup type at the moment but the lid popped off in my bag and gave everything a coating of meths!

Any help would be good!

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Why not try a Sigg bottle, they are alluminium. I have a small Sigg fuel bottle for meths and it works very well and has never leaked :)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
fred gordon said:
Why not try a Sigg bottle, they are alluminium. I have a small Sigg fuel bottle for meths and it works very well and has never leaked :)
I think pignut means this type of plumbers stove I’ve made a pocket version (just as a heater) from a lamp wick and a sweet tin, the kind you find for sale in garages. It is almost impossible to burn off all the meths, there is always some that is just waiting to taint anything close to it. I think the best bet it to keep the stove you have but put it inside something else, like a coffee tin. Nescafe do a 500gram tin, or if you drink real coffee, then a coffee bean tin similar to the tins you get with Illy Espresso Coffee Beans the lid is by it’s nature airtight and would make a good second line of defence against the all persuasive meth contamination

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Tadpole said:
I think pignut means this type of plumbers stove I’ve made a pocket version (just as a heater) from a lamp wick and a sweet tin, the kind you find for sale in garages. It is almost impossible to burn off all the meths, there is always some that is just waiting to taint anything close to it. I think the best bet it to keep the stove you have but put it inside something else, like a coffee tin. Nescafe do a 500gram tin, or if you drink real coffee, then a coffee bean tin similar to the tins you get with Illy Espresso Coffee Beans the lid is by it’s nature airtight and would make a good second line of defence against the all persuasive meth contamination
OOPs silly me , sorry! :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE