Scout Trousers- suggest me some!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
As a scout leader I put my blue scout trousers through their paces pretty regularly but they never seem to stand up to very much! I always end up putting holes in the knees or small spark holes and the like.
Can anybody suggest me a slightly more hard wearing pair of dark blue/navy trousers? Looking for combat/cargo type trousers with plenty of pockets, happy getting wet and muddy but still look presentable when theyre clean- you know what I'm looking for.

5.11 Trousers seem great but the cost just seems to blow them out the water for scout use.
Intrigued by Royal Navy no.4 trousers if anyone has any experience with these?
All suggestions welcome.

ATB
Dan

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
I tend to use "Peter Storm" trouesers from Millets, usually around £15 a pair, probably only as hard wearing as Scout official ones, but cheaper!! Especially combined with Leader discount. Also available as lined thicker winter trousers

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I use the navy 5.11 trousers you mention as my uniform ones. They aren't too expensive- just over £30 from Intelligent Armour online. As i just about live in them outside of scouting, the expense is worth it to me.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
How about Scout Law 6 "A scout ...... is careful of possessions and property" :grin

Arguably there are cheaper, more hard wearing etc options, and half of my trousers are not official activity or smart tsr but ultimately you are going to damage them all if you do not choose the ones to fit the task and take care of them appropriately. For me regatta action trsr are probably the compromise but I am tempted by 5.11s.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I couldn't seem to find them on Intelligent Armour- could you possibly give me a link? At £30 they seem a good price.

sorry- i've just looked- they seem to have stopped selling most of the 5.11 line- annoying as they were one of the cheapest! there was another link someone gave me for a supplier that was the same rough price- i'll try and dig it out

Here you go - http://boundtree.co.uk/511-tactical...rousers-pants/511-tactical-trousers-navy-blue

Note the price is unfortunately without VAT- with VAT- £35.

I've not ordered from these chaps before, so can't comment on their service etc.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE