Scottish river trip suggestions

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
O.K wise ones here's the deal!

In order that I get two bushcrafty hobbies this year (one being the bush moot goodjob) I have convinced Dad to come on Holiday with me, and I need some help.

You see he is dead mad on Kayaking, and I (as you all well know) am bushcraft smitten! He said he wanted to do a canoe trip, I said only in Scotland here we can go wild camping every evening!!!

He'll want some fun Kayaking (rapids etc) and I want amazing scenary and super forest for camping in the evenings!

He said Pick the river, and I'll do the route,

So anyone know which river??!!

cheers,

Will

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Probably can't do better than the river Spey. Its well known for being the fastest river in the UK and has several well wooded sections. Should keep you both happy for days! Several companies do trips if you want the kind of thing, just Google it.:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another one for the Spey

I've not done it yet but I hear it's a good way to spend four or five days.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Apologies for the slight hijack!
Are there any good rivers suitable for novice canoeists? I fancy a lazy paddle followed by an evening's camping by the river, but am not experienced enough to take on rapids etc!

Any nice wide, slow-moving rivers with enough spots for camping for 3-5 days?

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Apologies for the slight hijack!
Are there any good rivers suitable for novice canoeists? I fancy a lazy paddle followed by an evening's camping by the river, but am not experienced enough to take on rapids etc!

Any nice wide, slow-moving rivers with enough spots for camping for 3-5 days?

I suggest that if that's what you want you go for one of the Scottish west coast lochs. Loch Shiel is my favourite but I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE