Scottish Location on "Ray Mears' Bushcraft".

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
On series two of Ray Mears' Bushcraft, towards the end of the Four Seasons film, Ray is saying that he likes to go to Scotland in the autumn. During this, there's an aerial view of a narrow loch that widens towards the top of the shot, with quite a few islands in it. Does anyone here know which loch this is?

There's an earlier shot ( which may not be of the same loch ), that shows a multi - peaked mountain at the end of a loch that reminds me of Loch Awe, but I may be guilty of trying to make an image fit a memory with that one.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Could it be Maree Michael, I think he's got a liking for the north west coast too.

I'll have to stick it on again and see if I recognise it.

There was a great BBC film about Maree but I can't find it at the moment

See if this looks familiar ...
[video=youtube;_7S_HMslF2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7S_HMslF2U[/video]

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Loch Sunart... Well, the shape of the loch is identical from the scene- to the shape on google maps looking from the east to west.

Last edited:

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
Loch Sunart... Well, the shape of the loch is identical from the scene- to the shape on google maps looking from the east to west.

You had me convinced of that for a while, but there are too many islands. I now think that it's a view of Loch Lomond from the north. It's the only loch that I can think of with lots of islands where it widens.

Cheers, Michael.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
You had me convinced of that for a while, but there are too many islands. I now think that it's a view of Loch Lomond from the north. It's the only loch that I can think of with lots of islands where it widens.

Cheers, Michael.

I think its Loch Lomond to.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
a7b1a3e3.jpg

3bedc527.jpg

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
Excellent stuff there, that settles all doubts. I've driven past Loch Lomond loads of times heading north on climbing and paddling trips, but I've never stopped there. I think that it's top of the list for this spring's paddling trip.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE