Scottish Island for Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
See, i reckon it would be easy :)

there are aprox 25000 members on here x £150 each ( that should cover costs as well ) set up a Limited company, everyone is a share holder.

if you don't want to use it, sit and watch your investment increase in value. :)

management committee and maybe a live in caretaker couple for maintenance etc

run courses, team building etc, rent it out to the film industry, fishing holidays, B & B, shooting ( clays ) etc.

and of course 290 acres with woodland to use as a bushcraft holiday / retreat.

sounds perfectly do-able :)

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England

there are aprox 25000 members on here x £150 each ( that should cover costs as well ) set up a Limited company, everyone is a share holder.

if you don't want to use it, sit and watch your investment increase in value. :)

run courses, team building etc, rent it out to the film industry, fishing holidays, B & B, shooting ( clays ) etc.

Wouldn't it need to be a registered community acquisition as opposed to a limited company?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its in Scotland though - you don't need to own it for bushcraft - just rock up and use it - right to roam and all that. If you did own it, others could do the same without paying.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

S*d that, too small, too expensive, too wet, too cold, too many bugs that bite and the mainland is full of men in skirts.

At my age I just want to soak up some warm rays and sip iced drinks :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
we'll get you a sun lamp and a beer cooler ! jeez, no pleasing some folks !:lmao:

I use a great big sun lamp when I can, its in the sky pretty much everyday in Gran Canaria :eek: I'm getting soft in my old age, I prefer a menu del dia/la comida to bannock and beer these days:cool:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I use a great big sun lamp when I can, its in the sky pretty much everyday in Gran Canaria :eek: I'm getting soft in my old age, I prefer a menu del dia/la comida to bannock and beer these days:cool:

I'm thinking about Puerto Rico myself. Or maybe going back to Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)

Jun 24, 2012
Scottish borders
There is already a limited company set up with the express purpose of buying forestry land in Scotland, you then form a community land trust or co-housing group, to be honest all that end of it is easier than finding enough people willing to put their money in. We are working on it right now and if you are interested check us out on facebook just type in 2012 collective and you'll find us, sorry moderators I do have a vested interest but we are a non profit organization set up for our members benefit, well that and the planet, I would love to hear from anyone interested in being part of a communal land buy, PM me if you like or join our facebook group

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Its in Scotland though - you don't need to own it for bushcraft - just rock up and use it - right to roam and all that. If you did own it, others could do the same without paying.

Perhaps the Scots folk on here can confirm better than I, but like when Taransay was sold last year, I presume that access rights still allow anyone to visit (within the restrictions of the access code), so ownership doesn't convey exclusive access to the island?

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE