Scottish hammock locations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Hello all,

I’ve been having a good bit of fun getting out with the hammock but I’m starting to struggle to find new places. Everywhere else I have found so far is just dense pine or spruce which I don’t really enjoy camping in.

Anyone have any suggestions on new areas to look at? Thought about the Galloway forest but seems the same! I’m happy to travel around Scotland and don’t mind walking into a decent spot. Already have the Cairngorms on my list but it’s a bit of a distance from me for a one nighter! Closer to the border would be easier!

Am I just stuck with dense pine / spruce plantations?

I know wild camping spots are sometimes a bit secretive so feel free to pm me!

Cheers
Troutman

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
You're in the Northeast? Have you tried around Plankey Mill? Allen banks? Haven't been there for an overnighter but won't be long now.
I know what you mean with spruce and pine woods !!!

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Cheers lads,

I had considered Allendale, went for a walk up there last month but the horse flies were out in force! Scotland and its midges were a nicer option!

Will wait till the weather cools down then have another trip up. Just over the border there are a plenty of woodlands but they are either spruce or pine totally packed together!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE