Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
Myself and a friend are looking to go for a bushcraft holiday in the Scottish highlands. We looked at a couple of places but found them all to be unappealing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go in Scotland (avoiding campsites, and preferably civilisation)., We want to camp wild somewhere where there are resources for bushcraft and places of natural beauty.
Also, can anyone tell me the land laws in Scotland?

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
There was a good link on here a while ago to the Scottish 2003 Open Acess Act, i'm sure someone will dig it up. I spent two weeks doing a roadtrip around scotland in the summer, found the further north you go the better it is. Ullapool area was good, lovely spot on Loch Broom i think.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
I went up to loch lomond in the summer and camped right on the waters edge. It was great. Very secluded and you can have campfires. Not a camp site before you ask. Just find a spot on the waters edge. It is actually legal to wild camp in scotland but sorry to say not so much any more in england and wales. It could be a great starting point before you head up to more remote regions in the far north of scotland. Happy camping :D

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Further east, Braemar and Cairngorm are alternative places to add to the list : destinations from which to head out to the hill.
Glen Affric is apparently a favourite of a well-known TV bushcrafter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE