Scotland, a couple of hours from glasgow, when its snowy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
so i want to do a 4-5 day camp in scotland, location will be a couple of hours from glasgow ariport as we will be flying up from bristol and have some transport arranged. so wheres good? any advice on what to take? im pretty good with wiltshire cold weather camping, usual make an effort to get out when its at its coldest but i know scotland is colder.

SoggyBiscuit

Jul 30, 2014
Scotland
As far as the weather goes we've seen frost on a few mornings around here but throughout the day temperatures have been pleasant. What sort of activities were you hoping to do while you are up here Tom?

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
little bit of exploring, maybe build a shelter to spend a night or two in, also fishing if its in season/possible. generally surviving in the coldest climate we can in the british isles

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
West Bank of loch lomand (East has to many idiots and drunks on it) generally. Id also highly recommend gallowway forest park. Its about 2 hrs drive from Glasgow but has 300 square miles of forest. I love it. Can go for miles and not see a soul. Glen Trool is a great starting point as it has a great visitor centre and plenty of parking.

Let me know how you get on. Scotland is a great place outside of population centres!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE