Scaled blade and filework

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Well as the title states.
I was given the blade by fieldcrafter uk (Matt) he is one very generous man,well I hope what I've turned it into does not disappoint him or the rest of the forum.
This is my very first time at doing scales on a blade I'm happy with the results.
Hope you all like my efforts, filework and stippling was done by me too.
All comments welcome good or bad.
I must add this is NOT a full size bushcrafter uk blade and will be more suited to a youngster or a female hence the more elaborate and decorative finish
null-59.jpg

null-58.jpg

null-57.jpg

Last edited:

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
nice knife. i'm not normally a fan of brass bolts but it works well with the colour of wood!

not such a fan of the stippling myself but looking forward to seeing more of your ecthing work real soon!

goodjob

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
nice knife. i'm not normally a fan of brass bolts but it works well with the colour of wood!

not such a fan of the stippling myself but looking forward to seeing more of your ecthing work real soon!

goodjob
The stippling was done sadly because the makers mark was not horizontal due to Matt playing with a different grind .
So to please my eye for detail I removed it with stippling .
Thanks for the great comment though.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmmm... not sure I like the filework and stippling on the spine.

The stippling on the sides looks ok but personally I think the rest of it ruins the look of the blade.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Good looking bit of woodwork that, Trev, classic coke bottle, looks comfortable too. Excellent job!

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I also forgot to mention that this blade is NOT a full size bushcrafter uk it's more suited to a youngster or a female hence the more decorative aspects .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE