Sass?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Has anyone got any info on where they have gone? And if they are coming back? I have need for another one of their ventile type smock, and bison bushcraft seem to not be doing their version of the old SAS windproof now. Any info would be appreciated, I have now tried emailing SASS twice with no response. I have considered the Antarctica smock or similar.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Cheers for that, I had heard similar murmurs. I should imagine a lot of the military clients have gone away now the MOD have finally started to have decent kit produced. I think my gaberdine smock could become a collectible!
Last I heard was they have shut down their manufacturing business. I think the owner is going to concentrate on supplying surplus gear for re-enactors/collectors.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Got a couple of those lurking, wanted another ventile one in green. Had to sell my first one as it never was big enough, have got a gaberdine type made by them in green but it's not as good as the ventile type material wise.
try a surplus shop for an arctic windproof smock, totally awesome jacket...

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Just been going thru some old threads and there was a thread like this that I participated in ages ago, looks like the situation at SASS hasn't changed since so I guess it's a non- starter? Might as well bin this thread and give up on it.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I bought a ventile parka from them way back when they did a limited run. It was a great deal too. Been an awesome jacket.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm saddened to hear it. My Ventile smock is amongst my favourtie coats. Battered, stained, fading in places and repaired. I had toyed with buying another just in case SASS went out of business, I should hae done so

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I'm saddened to hear it. My Ventile smock is amongst my favourtie coats. Battered, stained, fading in places and repaired. I had toyed with buying another just in case SASS went out of business, I should hae done so

Ventile SAS smock here (black or green) http://www.thistlegarments.co.uk/ventile-sas-style-smock-383-p.asp £150

Apparantly UK made- no connection with the seller, and i've not bought one, but looked and wondered a few times! I used to live round the corner of SASS when they were at their old riverside premises- cracking place- nothing on display, but whenever i called in, i always came away with a bargain factory second, or some wierd and wonderful kit (old bright green rubber and canvas malay issue jungle boots spring to mind!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE