SASS 'Ventile' SAS Smock in Olive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
SASS 'Ventile' SAS Smock in Olive

I bought this jacket in mid-2010, but have worn it only four times, and then just for short walks or bike rides, and as I want to buy an iPad, I'm selling it to raise funds. It is in as new condition.

Everyone is probably familiar with the SASS brand; very well made (and in England, too), of a closely woven 100% cotton cloth that is Ventile in all but name. The description on SASS's website is here.

There are 5 pockets; four large patch pockets on the front and one on the sleeve. All the pockets are secured with large slotted buttons. There was a useless flappy internal pocket which I removed as it kept catching in the zip. The sleeves have velcro adjusters.

The front fastens with a two-way YKK zip fastener with a velcroed storm flap.

As extras, I specified external D-rings on both upper chest pockets, an internal D-ring on the left chest pocket, and a hood retaining strap. I replaced the lower bootlace-style drawcords with shockcord.

The size label says Chest 97 cms, which is 38 inches. However, these jackets are designed to be worn over layers and are oversized. I normally take a Medium, or 40" chest in most brands (M&S, Rohan, Jack Wolfskin etc.), but the 97cm size was recommended to me by SASS, and it fits me with room to spare. Pit to pit is 24", centre back to end of sleeve is 33", back length is 32".

These top-quality jackets are currently unavailable from SASS.

I am asking £90 including RMSD (UK only). Payment by bank transfer, or Paypal (buyer pays the fees). Sorry, I'm not looking for trades.​

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Jacket arrived today...many thanks! I'm well pleased with the quality and fit, and am off out into the snow to try it out...thanks again; pleasure to do business with you :)

DM ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE