Sand eel or Launce

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Just watched HFW's fishfight.... and saw him cooking up sandell (launce) and wondered if any one has tried it, how did you cook it (i presume you cook them whole like livebait) and whats it like?
We get a good few runs of them up here in the summer so could be worth catching.
Cheers
Shutz.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
didnt he try them on camera and said they were terrible?

or am i thinking about a different episode?....was he using them for bait to begin with?

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Just done a quick search and it threw up a few recipes...apparently theres one french dish called Lancons en Friture a speciality of normandy and britany, i think its got to be worth a go in the summer.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
ive ate them they are not very nice and it turned into a bit of a mess in my trangia they got too hot, stuck and burst into mush shame really as you can catch alot of them. Better to use them as bait they are great for bass, rays, turbot, whiting, pollock and doggies.

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
ive ate them they are not very nice and it turned into a bit of a mess in my trangia they got too hot, stuck and burst into mush shame really as you can catch alot of them. Better to use them as bait they are great for bass, rays, turbot, whiting, pollock and doggies.

Agreed. They make cracking bait for bass....which taste goooooooood!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE