Salt 'n Pepper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

As I was wandering through Somerfield yesterday I came across these
containers18kj.jpg

Now as you can see from the firesteel they are not huge, but for picknicks or for someone travelling with all thier kit on them they are pretty much a handy size. I think you can take the red or blue caps of as well in which case when they are empty you could fill them with whatever herbs or spices you wish to shake out of them.

Now here is the best bit, if you buy the black pepper on its own in this size it costs 77p, but if you buy the salt and pepper together they cost 63p, it's the first time I have seen them in there so I don't know how long they will have them (they are probably summer stock).

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
right, see ya later! - i'm off to the shops! ;)

Thanks for the heads up Leon!:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

Now given I am already in your debt, I hesitate to ask but:

1) Fantastic tip on the S&P
2) Who did your firesteel (I assume you..if so any chance of a mini tutorial?)

Red

leon-1

Sorry Red I have only just checked a few bits here,
yes I did make the firesteel handle, it's a doddle, but if you wish for one it runs along the lines of; chunk of wood, drill hole (9.5mm diameter x 13mm deep) and araldite in place.

In more depth I can go into dimensions of pieces of wood if you require, showing the whole process from start to finish.:)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon....seems fair :lmao: . Silly question but did you remove the old plastic handle (and if so how) or do you have a source of "unhandled" rods? I know Attleborough do the rods but they cost more than I can buy a finished one for!

Red

leon-1

British Red said:
Leon....seems fair :lmao: . Silly question but did you remove the old plastic handle (and if so how) or do you have a source of "unhandled" rods? I know Attleborough do the rods but they cost more than I can buy a finished one for!

Red

Red the firesteels are actually the same as the ones from Tregor, but I think I got mine from Bearclaw, I can't remember for sure. I also have the smaller steels (like the scout model) which I got from Brisa which wasn't the cheapest place on the planet to get them from:)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

You are a grentleman sir - I feel a project coming on!

Great info as always - sorry for the thread hijack!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE