Safest places to live post apocalypse ......... Just a bit of fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Living in the West of Ireland I can confirm the prevailing winds.

I thought the reason the freight ships were getting boarded was because the crew weren't allowed to carry appropriate firearms by the local port officials in cahoots with the pirates. I read that in an article a while ago by a private security guy who had been employed to protect the ships. All they could do was ring the deck in barbed wire and try and use water cannons if possible.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
A friend was once chief engineer on one of the SeaCat catarmaran cross channel ferries.
They had to take delivery of a new one from New Zealand and sail it back to the UK.
They faced similar issues with pirates, who had a steel armoured boat with a 50cal in board. Who must have thought that christmas had come early, when they found a passenger ferry.
No arms on board, but the skipper had them turn the frerry away from the pirates and then full ahead all. And it's suprising how little buoyancy the water has, when frothed up by 20,000 horsepower of ducted turbines.
(Apparently they see it regularly, when buzzed by jet-skis, as they leave port. The ski owners learn a very expensive lesson in fluid mechanics.)

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I'd be a shadow on the wall before i even poured the first pint by the looks of it, live a bit too close to faslane.

Tonyuk

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
That depends - if you survived the shock and blast waves the chances are that most of the contaminated airborne material (fallout) at least at low level, would be blown over towards Europe as our prevailing winds are westerly, where it would linger and fall to Earth due to their usually stationary high pressure weather. (Cornwall might not be as funny an idea as it seems).

Plus - you would be unlikely to get into Europe as the French, Belgians and Dutch would suddenly find that they are capable of really effective boarder control afterall! :lmao:
That's not what happened after chernobyl blew.

The high altitude winds seem to blow the other way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE