Safest places to live post apocalypse ......... Just a bit of fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
They seem to have ignored the fact that RAF Fylingdales up the road has probably got at least one nuke with its name in it plus the fact that with the dead rising (well more accurately, falling) from their graves on the cliff like something from a Hieronymus Bosch painting and all the Goths hanging around would make it difficult to tell whether you had survived or were experiencing the end of days! :goodnight:

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
They seem to have ignored the fact that RAF Fylingdales up the road has probably got at least one nuke with its name in it plus the fact that with the dead rising (well more accurately, falling) from their graves on the cliff like something from a Hieronymus Bosch painting and all the Goths hanging around would make it difficult to tell whether you had survived or were experiencing the end of days! :goodnight:

Good point :p

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
I'd need 30 mins warning to get there!! I'd also need one of those big foot trucks to drive over the inevitable traffic jams that you see build up on disaster films when everyone is trying to get out of dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Mars, I'd say; I was looking for lightweight kit to take with me but I believe my normal stuff will weigh nothing in the low gravity.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Theres an underground munitions store inside one of the hills about half a mile away from me so i'm guessing thats likely a low level target for someone......or perhaps in with the ammo would be safer. Either its buried so deep the missile wont penatrate or if it does i wont feel a thing! :lmao:

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Well there is mucho choice around me, think cheddar would be good but also a lot of underground works from WWII, main thing is, hope you like bacon? as main food source would be........yep you got it long pig, basically people! yer I know Donald and Kim sound sane compared to my thinking but I have a point right!........(weed tumbles past)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Back during the height of the Cold War they constantly ran computer scenarios; thousands of them. Nebraska NEVER survived a single one. Northern Idaho survived them ALL.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Safest ( Greenland , Iceland etc ) may not mean the same as to give one the best chances post Event.

Northern Climates could be difficult to live in after the fall of modern civilization ( Yes I know its possible... )

Cape Verde?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

I was planning to head for Derbyshire - it's a nuclear free zone I believe, but then I decided that I'm staying at home and watching it all on't

telly, I can't wait to see how the media bods try to out-sensationalise each other -

Visualise - reporter in a mil surplus NBC suit and respirator surrounded by dust -

"and here I am at downtown pyong yang ground zero just 5 minutes after the first 30 megaton landed.........." :lmao:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Places of apocalyptic interest:

The Rolls Royce test facility in Derby, not strictly nuke proof but bunker like double wall construction designed to contain an exploding engine. Cathedral like inside with vehicle sized doors.

Barclays Data centre Gloucester, (Next to Sainsbury's) is a modern day castle with ramp & ditch outer defences and when originally built had only one way in or out via a 'mantrap' security door. (Never allowed to see inside the loading bay though rumour had it the interior doors were pretty hefty) No windows save for a corridor on the first floor all the way around the building.
You can see it here https://goo.gl/maps/i6tp5GLhw2G2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE