Sabre 45 or Predator 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

think

Jul 19, 2011
Yorkshire Dales
Just about to order a new rucksack for day trips and overnighters. I was looking at a sabre 45 which looks superb, has a good padded back and belt and can also be increased with side pouches for longer stays.

However i then found a clip on youtube of the predator 45 and wondered if anyone has seen or used both.

I prefer the strapping system on the predator and am unsure if the floating lid would be an advantage, however i was worried as the back pannel looked a bit basic and also the belt looks to have no padding at all.

Can anyone advise on the pros and cons of each?

Cheers

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've got both and they are as good as each other. I'm not keen on the floating lid of the Predator though, but is does have more pockets. Personally I like the slightly more simple Sabre 45 and the back padding on that is much nicer and more comfortable by far. The Predator padding makes my back wringing wet after ten minutes, which I don't get at all with the Sabre

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I love my Sabre 45 with the side pockets. I had to pay a lot for it having it sent from the UK but it was worth it to me.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
In my experience there is no such thing as the perfect rucksack and as for all the claims of this or that being x number of litres, they are just not comparable, I don't know how they measure litres but it has little to do with what they can actually carry or how comfortably they do it.

My favourite rucksack is a mere 25 litres according to the blurb, and less than that considering that it is tall as against wide so that limits what you can put in, however I have been modding it of late by adding additional straps and buckles, it is now a lot more versatile because of what I can carry on the outside that it was not designed to do in the first place. What I like about it is the sheer comfort of it, nothing at all to do with capacity but about the weight you can carry in it before fatiguing.

I am not familiar with either the Sabre or the Predator, but I would think the differences are to do with how the weight is distributed more than anything else and that is going to vary from person to person.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE