Sabre 30 hip belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Hi all,

Does anyone actually use this?
I bought a new Sabre 30 this week and although it sits perfectly on my back and swallows gear like a black hole, the belt fastens right round my stomach. I know I'm getting on a bit but the Simon Cowell belt line will never be in fashion in my house. Last night I cut it off and a quick test run (walk) today tells me that I did the right thing.
Anyone else have this problem?

Couple of other things.
Karrimor have done away with the sternum strap and fitted a water bladder sleeve inside. I was going to lose the sternum strap anyway, but the bladder sleeve is ace. It takes my Paramo Fuera trousers perfectly and lets them be accessible regardless of how packed the bag is.
I also love the way my tarp can be folded and strapped to the side if the pack, tucked down into the wand pocket. All in all, I'm a happy bunny, especially now the belt has gone.

Soundmixer

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hi all,

Does anyone actually use this?
I bought a new Sabre 30 this week and although it sits perfectly on my back and swallows gear like a black hole, the belt fastens right round my stomach. I know I'm getting on a bit but the Simon Cowell belt line will never be in fashion in my house. Last night I cut it off and a quick test run (walk) today tells me that I did the right thing.
Anyone else have this problem?

Couple of other things.
Karrimor have done away with the sternum strap and fitted a water bladder sleeve inside. I was going to lose the sternum strap anyway, but the bladder sleeve is ace. It takes my Paramo Fuera trousers perfectly and lets them be accessible regardless of how packed the bag is.
I also love the way my tarp can be folded and strapped to the side if the pack, tucked down into the wand pocket. All in all, I'm a happy bunny, especially now the belt has gone.

Soundmixer

As your're all on your own I thought I'd drop a quick post. I have no experience of the Karrimor sabre 30, but the hip belts on these smaller bags are not there to carry any weight but just to stop them flopping about & if they got in your way you were right to remove them................the only problem is if you wish to sell it later on....................I like the Simon Cowell reference but I'm afraid it's iinevitable as are hairy ears & bald patches.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Thanks for that.
I think I did the right thing. They were a'flappin' in the wind and serving no purpose.
I'll not be selling the pack in a hurry because I've wanted one of these for ages, even since it was the Hot Rock climbing pack in the eighties and only came in orange!
Got one now and it is everything I thought it would be. Sad I know...

Off the trim my ears!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE