Rutland Water Easter meet anyone

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
Hey........you wait till I've gone home then cook up a brekky like that!!! Looks fantastic, much tastier than my Shop Brand Processed everything all day breakfast.

I had a great time though. The site was really good. The company was good too. As you can see Kevin showed me the bow drill skills. Good to see the shelter got completed too.

Did you get to see the badgers over the weekend? It would have been nice to see them, though the Squirrel, Deer, Muntjac and Tawny Owl made up for it.

I really enjoyed it........and I still have the smell of woodsmoke on my clothing to remind me. Cheers for arranging a great meet up chaps.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Well some of us got to see badgers I saw two Andy saw one and Kevin didn't see any:( hte bloomin wind did for us though we'd sat down wind of the set for ages about 5 miniutes after the Badgers came out the blomin wind changed and they dived back in the set. We also saw Osperys that are around there and heard loads of different birds thanks to kevin on our dawn chorus walk at 5:30am on sunday morning.

James

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
Ah fantastic.
I'd really have liked to have seen the badgers.......maybe Kevin and I can make it top priority next time seeing as he missed them too.

I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities in the future, and it was such a nice spot (and really handy for me being only a few miles down the road), be good to try and get a regular thing going if possible.

Here are some pictures Caretaker took at the weekend........

His towel (he gets easily confused :p )

Andystowel.jpg

James demonstrating the hand-drill

Jameswithhand-drill-2.jpg

and a nice shot of our camp at night

Parachutebynight-2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE