Rutland Water Easter meet anyone

This was originally posted in the East Anglia Group thread, but due to lack of interest we are opening it up to everyone......

Caretaker and myself are organising an Easter meet in a woodland he has access to, near Rutland Water. Dates are 14th - 17th April.

The site is approx 42 acres mixed woodland with 2 areas of flat grass, there is an area for parking with portaloo facilities and a standpipe for water. It is run as a Hawk & Owl centre and nature reserve. Most Sundays part of the wood is used by the Rutland Bowmen for archery and axe throwing.

The site is between Oakham & Stamford quite close to Rutland Water. We will send exact details to everyone nearer the time.

A couple of restrictions on its use;

A) there is a part of the wood he does not want us to go in (still leaves 30 acres), B) no alcohol,
C) no rubbish left on site.

Fires are not a problem but care needs to be taken.

The cost for the weekend will be £10 per person.

There is a limit of 20 people for this meet, so get your name down quick

If insufficient numbers from the EA group are interested, it will be advertised to everyone.

Thanks to caretaker for sorting this

There are currently 9 members attending. If anyone is interested in running a workshop, please let us know.

Here are cartakers contact details if you have any questions...

07817 679174

ASW@st-johnfisher.peterborough.sch.uk

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
I have spoken to Andy now and will be coming for Friday and over till late Sat morning when I have to go home and do already arranged family stuff.

Look forward to seeing you all. :)

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
Yep I'm still coming.
Like to have a bash with the old bow drill too. Got an ember once, got so excited I dropped it and lost it and never managed to do it again. :rolleyes:

Just looking forward to getting out and spending some time with like minded people, have a wander about, and enjoy the nature :240:

Not spent a night out in the wilds for years, it will be like the first time all over again.

You know.......four hours rigging up my bivvy in various styles none of which would keep me dry, asking "how do you do that knot again?", wishing I'd remembered to bring certain items...... :lmao: That'll be me, so please forgive me in advance.

Really looking forward to it.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
I might be able to get to that for a day atleast, but probably not the whole weekend.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Still got some final arrangements to do with Angie but i will be there not sure about times and days yet. I've got hold of some willow bark so maybe we could boil it with some ash and make some cordage. box carving sounds good i'll bring my hand and bow drills too I also have some pine resin so we could make some glue and put it in sticks.

James

jdlenton said:
Still got some final arrangements to do with Angie but i will be there not sure about times and days yet. I've got hold of some willow bark so maybe we could boil it with some ash and make some cordage. box carving sounds good i'll bring my hand and bow drills too I also have some pine resin so we could make some glue and put it in sticks.

James

Need a bit of help knapping some flint drill points as well ;) Have you seen the picture of us on John Lord's website?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
ooh flint drills i could do with one of those we should have got some small flakes from john for that. we'll need a pressure flaker, we could use some of the tines from the antlers you have for that and yes spoke to john the other day and he said we were up so i've had a loolk and here the pic
kevin1.jpg

James

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
That breakfast certainly looks more than my sausage stuffed apples I cant believe that breakfast was just for the two of you no problems with the bannock mix Kevin glad you like it I'll post the recipe in a bit did you have any more s'more?
Andy it was very good to meet you and thank you for sharing and having a relaxing time. Please send a big thank you to Chris for me his birds were a fantastic to look at maybe next time he could be persuaded to give us a lesson in flying them, have you had a good look at the photos yet?

my only other question is whens the next one?

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE