Rucksack I.D Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Morning all.

I bought this from my local car boot this morning for £3, I tried haggling the guy down, but he wasn't having it.:lmao: I was hoping if anyone had any information about it.
Where they're made, Who makes them, It seems to be in Pretty good condition, No rips, tears, all the buckles are there, and no damage to the frame.

I tried Google , but that wasn't any help at all.

spa0345m.jpg

spa0346e.jpg

spa0344.jpg

Thanks

Lucan :)

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's a quality pack for £3 I reckon. I don't know what it is but it looks great. The label says LK at the top, I'm wondering if it's a small Swedish one by the same company that made the LK-35 and LK-70's? No idea though, looks a great user regardless.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Thanks for that,

The first 2 letters seem to be NO or N0, There's no other labels at all that i can find , It's got just the big main compartment with drawstring.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
What a bargain lucan, im with sasquatch on this one i reckon it is a swedish made one. Fill it up and go out and see what its like to carry. Cheers.

Daz

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Silly question time i'm afraid lol.

The strap at the bottom that runs from one side of the frame to the other, Is that a waist strap or does it just secure the pack to the frame?
I ask because it doesn't have any sort of fastening clip like a normal waist strap, It just has one at either end.

Thanks

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Campari is more known for it's old fashioned , cheap external framed nylon rucksacks (made in Korea) in the 70',s..... they were/are of mediocre quality, but many are still going strong today..........many a young camper started with one of these back then, both in the UK & usa, money was short & proper rucks were veeeerrrry expensive....................sorry I don't know anything about their canvas ones, but looking at your photos, the Campari quality seems to be there, bad stiching, little or no padding & the wonderful plastic edging, not to mention the great brand label/logo, which showed everyone you could'nt afford anything better....................if the carrying comfort is in equation with the build quality, boy are you in for a treat.......................joking aside, £3 is a bargain.........just don't over load it & you should be ok.............enjoy.

Last edited:

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Campari is more known for it's old fashioned , cheap external framed nylon rucksacks (made in Korea) in the 70',s..... they were/are of medeocre quality, but many are still going strong today..........many a young camper started with one of these back then, both in the UK & usa, money was short & proper rucks were veeeerrrry expensive....................sorry I don't know anything about their canvas ones, but looking at your photos, the Campari quality seems to be there, bad stiching, little or no padding & the wonderful plastic edging, not to mention the great brand label/logo, which showed everyone you could'nt afford anything better....................if the carrying comfort is in equation with the build quality, boy are you in for a treat.......................joking aside, £3 is a bargain.........just don't over load it & you should be ok.............enjoy.

Haha Thanks for that.
I've not had one with a frame before, Looking forward to giving it a go, I think lol

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
There you go, I guess the Campari on the label gives it away! I thought it might be Swedish as it's a similar design to the M39...at the end of the day £3 for a canvas and metal bergen is a bargain. Not much to go wrong there. I use my M39 literally everyday and it's fine for day hikes loaded, try it out, I'll bet you'll get on fine with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE