Royal Marines Arctic Tent

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Got a brand new green Arctic tent with cotton inner and built in ground sheet as used by me in norway and kurdistian with the Royal marines years ago, Has removable floor sections for indoor cooking. Two large bell ends for bergans, has snow pegs and storm cords plus the tents bags. if you already own one you can zip them together for a massive tent.

http://www.onceamarinealwaysamarine.co.uk/images/silopi1.jpg

Looking to swap for a 16ft canadian canoe or Fredde Norgren type bow set.

Jay

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yes mate i am. Deuxieme Regiment Etrangere Parachutiste ( 2 REP) 99-04

Did you recognise my Avatar?

When were you in the Marines?

I have a friend in there who's a Captain.

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Joined in 88 work all the units until 01 gulf bosnia sierra lione etc, Recce trp mainly as recce leader/sniper. went to Australia 01 but joined back up 06, now leading diver doing MCT with Clearance divers. Worked with you 2 rep mountain company and now with the boat trps. Top lads.

Jay

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The Legion is often scorned by soldiers who have not worked with us, then they change their minds :D A lot of people see us as unprofessional, which i do not understand. I was in our forces 96-99 Royal Dragoon Guards and my take on it is this.

Brit army- get through basic (20 wks for me phase1 and 2, 10 each winchester/Bovington) and its a 9-5 job evenings and weekends to yourself unless on tour or training. (classed as highly professional)

Legion- 4 months basic at castel, 20 more months basic at regiment, work 18 hour days with a weekend off every 6 weeks, providing we haven't had a kicking or whatever. 15 days leave per year for 1st 2 years then 30 in third and 45 there after, but you cant leave france. No marriage either, they do let you marry but not much chance in the 1st 5 years.

As they like to say "Get a wife when you get a life"

Out of the 2 do the Legion seem unprofessional?

My career seems similar to yours i too was a sniper( tireur d'elite)/recce/paratrooper. Similar to the paras pathfinders. I did a diving course too as just before i left i was put down for DINOPS training. I passed but left before joining them.

FF1-1.jpg

R001-010.jpg

R001-012.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE