Arctic Oven Tent & Four Dog Stove in Vancouver, B.C.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

Withdrawn from sale: my Arctic Oven AO10 Extreme tent and my Two Dog model Four Dog stove in/around Vancouver, B.C.

Arctic Oven AO10 Extreme tent
The Arctic Oven is a very highly regarded cold weather camping tent and is used on Arctic and high latitude expeditions. Built like a regular brick outhouse. See www.alaskatent.com/oven/ao-10-extreme.html for full specs, and, of course, some further Googling will no doubt find you all sorts of comments and info on the tent. There are also a number of YouTube reviews of the tent.

My tent has the standard yellow fly (not the vestibule fly), which makes it quite light inside. (I was able to read a book inside the tent with no artificial light after midnight in June in the YT.) Comes with both the optional footprint and the floor saver. It also has stove jacks for both 5" (12.7cm) and 4" (10.2cm) diameter stove pipes. It has attracted interest from numerous people on its travels around North America with me.

From the manufacturer's website...(and with approximate metric conversions by me)
Four-season tent.
Sleeps five to six persons according to industry standards.
If sleeping with cots and a stove, this tent will comfortably sleep three people.
Weight 42 lbs (19KG) packed weight including tent and poles.
Floor Size 9’6" x 9’6" (2.9M x 2.9M).
Area 90 square feet (8.4 square metres) of livable space with steep side walls.
Peak Height 6’9" (2.0M) peak.
Pack size 30" tall x 26" wide x 20" deep (0.76M x 0.66M x 0.5M).
Adjustable high and low tubular vents.
Screen windows in the front door and back wall.
Frame Aluminum tubing poles.

Of course the overall weight is heavier than this with the footprint and the floor saver but I don't have those weights to hand.

Purchased from Alaska Tent and Tarp in August 2009 and Canadian import duties and taxes paid. Used for around 6 weeks in 2009, regularly over a four month period in 2010, sporadically in 2011 and not at all last year (2012) or this year, so it's almost 4 years old but it's not been used in the last 2 years. Still in very good condition as I do try to look after my gear.

I'm selling as I'm no longer spending such long periods in Canada and the U.S., I didn't use it at all last year or this year (as I was "minimalisting"), and it's not really worth me shipping it back to the U.K., and paying more shipping and taxes! Hence the sale...

To buy one new today, with the optional footprint and floorsaver, would cost you around CAD$2,675 including duty, taxes and shipping to B.C. (according to my calculations). You can have mine for CAD$1,700, a saving of CAD$975 on the new price. You will rarely see these tents on the second-hand market so it's a great opportunity to get hold of one.

IMG_1805_cr.jpg
IMG_2032_Rcr.jpg

Note that there are numerous guying points on the tent but these are only really needed in exposed or windy conditions.

IMG_2029_r.jpg
IMG_2031_Rr.jpg

Two Dog Stove
Four Dog stoves don't really need an introduction but they are tough practical heating and cooking stoves, suitable for tents, tipis or yurts.

Mine is the Two Dog model and comes with side shelf, the optional 3.5 gallon (16 litres) extra water jacket/reservoir, and the flue damper.The legs, stove pipe, side shelf & water jacket all store in the fire box for transport. The firebox has transport handles.

The stove has only been used maybe a couple of dozen times or so. I have used it sometimes as an alternative to an open fire as you can get much closer to it and there are no sparks - and you can heat up lots of water in one go. I reckon it also uses less fuel than a fire as you can damp it down to keep it ticking over.

The stove pipe is 5" (12.7cm) diameter at the stove tapering to 4" (10.2cm) at the exit. It is a straight pipe.

IMG_1992_Rcr.jpg

To buy one new today would cost you (according to my calculations) around CAD$510 including duty, taxes and shipping to B.C. You can have mine for CAD$360, a saving of CAD$150 for a stove that's been used very little.

Please also note that Don Kevilus notes on his website that "...because of complaints of high custom brokerage rates I'm no longer able to ship Two Dog Stoves to Canada." so this is a great opportunity to get hold of one.

Bonus Deal!
If you buy both the tent and the stove from me I'll throw in my Cabelas cot as a bonus to sweeten the deal. This is worth around CAD$150 + shipping and taxes.

Purchasing
I'd rather not ship the items to the lucky purchaser(s); I'd prefer you to see what you're getting from me before handing over your hard-earned dollars, so...
...I'll be in and around Vancouver, B.C. from 10 July for 4 or 5 days before heading eastish to the Rockies for a few days so if you can't make Vancouver I could hook up with a potential purchaser on my travels. If you can't make that I may be able to do Vancouver and around again for few days from 22 July.

Any general questions about the sale please post to this thread; for specifics about making a deal please PM me. Ta!

Have a great day...and thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
interested in the stove, where and when will you be in the rockies our youngest is out of contact in the bush (alberta) working at mo

greenshoots

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've a mate up in Yellow Knife who uses one of these tents when he takes his children winter camping and he rates it highly, rock solid and the liner helps retain a lot of your heat. I'd love one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE