Rough Close March '12 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
you could always buy a 5ltr bottle of mineral water from supermarket, usually less than a quid if you buy the own brand rather than evain(not sure how you can have branded water personally but hey) then once you've used the contents you can refill it from the tap on site.

grub wise never forget the morale lift that bacon butties can have!

may i suggest a wee stove to brew up on? its lot of faff and uses up the wood stores to build/boost a fire just for a cuppa
don't forget something to drink in the evening

i went to rough close as my first (and only) meet and am very much looking forward to a repeat this time, all of the folk were nice and friendly when i went otherwise i wouldn't even consider going back again and certainly wouldn't have convinced the other half and her daughter to come on the saturday :)

look forward to meeting you jacko

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List
1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (arriving Saturday)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
10. Elines (Thursday - Saturday am or possibly to Friday evening)
11. bushcraftsurvival (thurs-sunday)
12 man of tanith thursday to sunday hopefully +2 saturday night
14. leaf man +1 (tbc)
15. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
16. Teepee +1(TBC)
17. Turbogirl + Youngling
18. Sasquatch + Joseph(tbc)
19. bushcraftsurvival (thurs-sunday)
20. Priam (+1 TBC)
21. Krooko
22. Twodogs (Sat am)

Sorry - I have had to take my name off the list ... I just cannot reorganise my life enough to get there this time :(

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Gentlemen, thank you ever so much for the great replys!!!! I really am throughly looking forward to it!!
I think as regards gear im pretty much got everything I need, and what I have not got will go on a list for stuff to bring next time and the stuff I do bring that I really don't need will be on another list as not needed!!!
Iv got a stove and good tent and other things but for me the most important thing is a my positivity to be there!!! Everything else comes second!!
Like I say thanks for all your replys and I will introduce myself as soon as I get there!! That is after someone has pointed me in decorums direction to pay my subs lol

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (arr Sat)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
10. Elines (Thurs - Sat am or possibly to Fri eve)
11. bushcraftsurvival (Thurs - Sun)
12 man of tanith (Thurs to Sun, hopefully +2 Sat)
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
16. Turbogirl + Youngling
17. Sasquatch + Joseph (tbc)
18. bushcraftsurvival (Thurs - Sun)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)

... Sorry - I have had to take my name off the list ... I just cannot reorganise my life enough to get there this time :(

Sorry to hear that John, you'll be missed ~ but a whole gamut of wives, partners and wallets have just breathed a sigh of relief :p :rofl:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (arr Sat)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
22. Luckylee all being well.
sorry done on me iPad have not worked out how to cut and paste justvwhatbinwantbin it yet, somcu an pasted all of it.
take care.
lee

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by John Fenna
... Sorry - I have had to take my name off the list ... I just cannot reorganise my life enough to get there this time :(

Sorry to hear that John, you'll be missed ~ but a whole gamut of wives, partners and wallets have just breathed a sigh of relief :p :rofl:

marvalous

Sep 26, 2010
halesowen
1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (arr Sat)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
sorry done on me iPad have not worked out how to cut and paste justvwhatbinwantbin it yet, somcu an pasted all of it.
take care.
lee
23. marvalous. lucky lee's brother looking forward to meeting you all. deano

udamiano

On a new journey
A Little tidy up , and amend my arrival day :)

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
23. marvalous. lucky lee's brother looking forward to meeting you all. deano

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills +1 TBC
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
23. marvalous.
24. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

now that I am on a course and not in the field I hope to make this one. Had to miss a meet this weekend cause I had to play catch up with normal work but hope to make this one, need my dirt time :)

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Would it be OK to bring my dog, please? I've read the rules but couldn't spot it in there....

Thanks

Rat

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Gentlemen, thank you ever so much for the great replys!!!! I really am throughly looking forward to it!!
I think as regards gear im pretty much got everything I need, and what I have not got will go on a list for stuff to bring next time and the stuff I do bring that I really don't need will be on another list as not needed!!!
Iv got a stove and good tent and other things but for me the most important thing is a my positivity to be there!!! Everything else comes second!!
Like I say thanks for all your replys and I will introduce myself as soon as I get there!! That is after someone has pointed me in decorums direction to pay my subs lol

My first time too so you will be in good company. It will finally be good to try out the gear ive been collecting over the last few months. its been good timing for me, with Christmas and my birthday in between, ive managed to put together a lot of my kit at everyone elses cost :D

Look forward to meeting you

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills (Thur-Sun) +1 Friday night
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
23. marvalous.

Just a small edit to confirm me for the duration and my +1 for Friday night

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
My first time too so you will be in good company. It will finally be good to try out the gear ive been collecting over the last few months. its been good timing for me, with Christmas and my birthday in between, ive managed to put together a lot of my kit at everyone elses cost :D

Look forward to meeting you

Hi Paul, pretty much Dito here pal!! I have been slowly building up a bit of gear over the last few months hence why I have not attended a meet yet, I no you dont need much but you still have to have the basics!!!
Im als well chuffed Im not the only noob lol, we can both stand there looking puzzled together lol!!
Cheers
Steve

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Im als well chuffed Im not the only noob lol, we can both stand there looking puzzled together lol!!

Looking at the list I think there's going to be about 4 or 5 newbies attending so there's plenty in the same boat :cool:

Just one word of advice re kit.. make sure you pack something comfortable to sit on... there aren't any logs around to serve as seating (they tend to get burnt very quickly by the other site users :rolleyes: ) plus they get a bit hard on the ole posterior after a little while :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Looking at the list I think there's going to be about 4 or 5 newbies attending so there's plenty in the same boat :cool:

Just one word of advice re kit.. make sure you pack something comfortable to sit on... there aren't any logs around to serve as seating (they tend to get burnt very quickly by the other site users :rolleyes: ) plus they get a bit hard on the ole posterior after a little while :)

Cheers for the advice mate, I did buy myself one of the fold up small stool things from pound land yesterday, but Im not so sure I trust it tbh!! I have got a few camping chairs that use for car camping so will bring one of those!!

Here is a question for you guys, Im planning on doing some fire lighting and read in post 1 that we need to bring some of our own wood, which is not a problem, I have seen bags of kindling and logs at petrol stations arund, are these generally the best place to get the wood from? and will it be suitable to cook on as well as keep warm?

Cheers
Steve

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Cheers for the advice mate, I did buy myself one of the fold up small stool things from pound land yesterday, but Im not so sure I trust it tbh!! I have got a few camping chairs that use for car camping so will bring one of those!!

Here is a question for you guys, Im planning on doing some fire lighting and read in post 1 that we need to bring some of our own wood, which is not a problem, I have seen bags of kindling and logs at petrol stations arund, are these generally the best place to get the wood from? and will it be suitable to cook on as well as keep warm?

Cheers
Steve

Camping chairs are one of many that will be seen over the weekend and carp chairs prove popular as well.

As for wood any that is dry and burns well will do for your needs, I would make sure that the garage wood is not laburnum as that is a toxic wood to cook with.
a great thread is here about wood :http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14007

Some also cook on other things such as gas, meths, fuel stoves, or even stick stoves, whatever they have or choose to use :) it all depends on what you are cooking, and cooking in :)

you will see many different types of cooker and cooking going on over the weekend :)

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 1
3. MartinK9
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (TBC)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills (Thur-Sun) +1 Friday night
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee +1(TBC)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
23. marvalous.
25. Ratbag + 2 little ratbags (Friday night only)

We'll just be there for Friday night / Saturday morning, if that's OK? The dog will have to stay at home :)

Rat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE