Ropework, for a ropey morning.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Siling down , outside.

Garden like a bog.
Dog smells all "doggy" and wet.

Out with the ditty bag and lay-in a type of mat that I aint done in donks.

About 20 meters of 6 mill Bitumee, (hard lay and very tarry)

Dunno how many crossings and tucks; Lots.

Took 2 hours, and I aint going to tighten it more.

mat.jpg

It,ll be another decoration for my nautical corner, but I dont know when, for it "hums" of tar and preservatives. :eek:

Ta for looking. whoops, got the forward slash in the wrong place and couldnt see the pic.

Ceeg

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
That's nice work ceeg I've been doing some lanyards lately I'll have to get some pictures up. We must talk about where you get your materials from I'm fed up of the modern stuff.

James

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hi, JD.

Toddy has given a couple of leads,good ones, and you,ll find a whole lot on the www. It aint the same though, as ratting through piles of rope and cordage.
Sadly such chances are very ,very rare , now. :red:

Try contacting "yer maun" Des and ask him for his sked, as he does the marine scene often, and may just be down your way sometime. Worth a good look.

Mind you, if you want a real change, theres a certain Lady on site, well noted for natural fibre work! Probably able to sort you out with all sizes of 4 strand left hand lay Wombat fetlock hair, or such. :D :D :D

Thanx for comments, people.

Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE