Rope Cutter

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Does any know of or have ever heard of a pocket sized rope cutter. Preferably an all in one jobby that cuts and melts the end of a rope in one operation.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Cheers for that dogwood, I had anticipated that reply :lmao:and I suppose your suggestion is one step up from chewing it off and using a box of matches to melt the end. I specifically wanted a gadget/gizzmo.:D

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
On a more serious note -- there are portable cutters, but the heating element requires access to an electric socket (batteries can't generate enough power to heat an element more than for a second or two.)

Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Wellington-Co..._2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1233734125&sr=8-2

I've never seen an integrated cutter with a gas powered heating element because by the time you go there, you really are better off with a knife and lighter.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
the best way to do it without expensive rope cutters is to tape around the bit you want to cut with strong insulation tape. then cut through it with an old butter knife heated up with a blow torch or gas stove. it leaves a nice clean finnish.

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE