Room for a little un

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
Mind if I pull up a log, sit by the fire and swing the lamp awhile.
I promise not to ask to borrow any tools and I've bought enough coffee to go round!

Been hovering about in the shadows for a few months

Like many others I'm involved in Scouting, Sarf London
many years of camping and outdoor activities and a bit of sailing.

Cheers

"compassion and responsibility towards others under conditions of physical stress and the subjugation of misery through discipline and determination."

William Bligh 1789

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Boatswain,

Yep, squeeze in and get warm and smokey.

I'm in Sydenham, S.E. London, not far from the S London scout camp site in Dulwich. Where abouts are you?

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
Hi Richard

I'm from SW London and know Dulwich well but much more likely to be found at Downe or Broadstone with a bunch of Scouts who think you need the towering inferno to boil a dixie.

or with the family in the New Forest moaning that I can't use any of the dead wood to have a proper fire.

I've read a lot of your posts on fire by friction and wet tinder , but I'm still struggling with a firesteel.

Cheers Roy

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Hi Boatswain,

Yep, squeeze in and get warm and smokey.

I'm in Sydenham, S.E. London, not far from the S London scout camp site in Dulwich. Where abouts are you?

Hi there boatswain welcome to BCUK:). rich59 your in sydenham?????? i live up the road in forest hill :lmao: . small world eh :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE