Roesti a swiss way to eat spuds

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I discovered 400g packs of different roesti menus. Just wondering if anyone had tried them before.

Grated potatoes fried seem ok but they need a bit of seasoning etc

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - love em when out - don't need refigerating and fry up nice.

Heavy, but make part of a great fry up with some bacon and eggs...best feeling in the morning

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Quite similar to Pyttipanna - a Scandinavian dish of diced potato, onion and bacon fried until crispy with a fried egg on the top. Epic scran - used to be available in Ikea in big frozen bags...

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
i've had those from sainsbury's, they're alright i guess, but they do need a long time cooking if you want any crunchy bits, and what good's fried potato without the crunchy bits :dunno:

Very true ! I couldn't imagine it boiled in the bag:yuck:

In the case of corned beef hash, crispy as owt, with lashings of the hot-pepper sauce of your choice:p

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I wouldn't even want to try boiling it, a good frying is the only way. I'm going to try it tonight with some smoked ham

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Very true ! I couldn't imagine it boiled in the bag:yuck:....

i met a bloke on a campsite once who was eating it straight from the bag cold, he insisted that it was lovely but i have no intention whatsoever of finding out if he was right, i think i'd rather just drink the vegetable oil that it's soaked in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE