Roe Deer (Large Picc)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Saw this beautiful lass when out for a bimble today .....aint she pretty?

556622314_3979596bea_b.jpg

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
very nice pic red !!!! :D wish they were round here, well they probably are but i havent seen them lol
keep up the good photos red
leon

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Nice pic red, I also saw adoe in a bean field this morning. This can be a 'dead time of year for roe with crops being up and does having kids, should soon start to see last years off spring that have been 'kicked out' by mum, trying to find empty territory, these youngsters can spring up any where.

Leon, if you want to see roe, wait til after harvest and I can show you plenty. Did you get your antler ok?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nice one Red, did she have a youngster in tow...?
Have you seen my roe photo (in my gallery) btw, best shot I have ever got, I reckon...

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I saw your pic Jon, its fantastic, well done.The kids don't walk until they're about a week old. It's rare to see them afoot with mum until harvest. The earliest I've seen is mid July.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I saw your pic Jon, its fantastic, well done.The kids don't walk until they're about a week old. It's rare to see them afoot with mum until harvest. The earliest I've seen is mid July.

Thank you....I thought it was about this time last year I took that photo, she had a youngster with her...
Just checked the photo's...I always date stamp It was 4:6:06....Must of been an early one...
DSC02162Small.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Jon,

This one didn't, but one we saw in the top field the other night (the one at the end of the lane from the cottage) had twins in tow and mum and the two little uns "Bounced off" together :D.

Crackin photo that one of yours!

Red

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Well, I guess I've been unlucky in seeing kids early..... that's nature I suppose. Nice to know you guys are seeing them nice n young.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Well, right on cue (mid July) I have seen my first Roe fawns of the summer. One doe had a pair, the other had a single. All in all I saw eleven deer this morning, two young roe buck, five does, three fawns and a muntjac buck.

I think the main reasons I don't see fawns earlier are (a) My ground is arable and until harvest the fawns are very well hidden (b) I am usually stalking Roebuck and therefore not concentrating on doe sightings.

All in all very enjoyable morning stroll.

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
I was out the other day camping(loch etive), and on the way home got a bit of a fright as baby deer jumped out in front of the car, luckily i was only going about 10mph to enjoy the scenery, futher along i came accross this,

CIMG0333.jpg

Is this a Roe Deer ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE