Robens outback 900 or Ray Mears Nanok Golden Eagle Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Wanted, robens 900 outback or Ray Mears Nanok Golden Eagle sleeping bag or alternative suitable for hammock camping in the winter and easy exit!

Cash or trades welcome.

Last edited:

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Thanks mate, already seen them, likely to be a bit rich for me, Canada Jay too big (and warm) and Golden Eagle last went over at BB for £70 so hoping for similar deal

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have used the Eagle in a hammock in a Scottish winter and the same bag in a snow trench in Arctic Sweden at -41, it worked well and the bags are very well designed, good luck with your search.

:)

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
I have used the Eagle in a hammock in a Scottish winter and the same bag in a snow trench in Arctic Sweden at -41, it worked well and the bags are very well designed, good luck with your search.

:)

Should mean i dont get a cold bottom in a hammock in December in the UK :) Plus ive already got a great underquilt but have a feeling my little Vango Venom 200 wont be up to the job of anything below +4 even with the underquilt.

Hopefully one will turn up soon!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Should mean i dont get a cold bottom in a hammock in December in the UK :) Plus ive already got a great underquilt but have a feeling my little Vango Venom 200 wont be up to the job of anything below +4 even with the underquilt.

Hopefully one will turn up soon!

Before you spend out on a new bag, increasing the warmth of your bag won't help as much keep your butt warm as a piece of CCF mat under your backside. CBS, or cold Butt Syndrome usually comes from either a too loose/too tight an underquilt.

Apologies if you knew this but it might save you some pennies and bulk.

I quite happily use my 200g fill bag year round.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Since buying the snugpak underquilt i havent actually been out in REALLY cold temps but my Venom tends to get a bit chilly for me in the winter anyway, still, if i dont find the Nanok i may brave the cold without the upgrade :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Since buying the snugpak underquilt i havent actually been out in REALLY cold temps but my Venom tends to get a bit chilly for me in the winter anyway, still, if i dont find the Nanok i may brave the cold without the upgrade :)

I'd be cold in a snugpak UQ, definitely I'd add a piece of mat in between the layers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE