rob evans bush tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Heres two I just finnished, the green one's going to the USA (traded it for a Chris Reeve Shadow 1) and the natural micarta is for me.
004-14.jpg

007-11.jpg

008-6.jpg

006-11.jpg

003-20.jpg

002-19.jpg

001-18.jpg

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
It's a close copy of a skookum bushtool, I do a sharper point ,different sheath and a steeper grind than the skookum, I find the grind on the skookum far to acute for a zero grind, my mate had one and after its first proper sharpen the edge just stripped off as soon as it cut a stick.
I really like the design of this knife so I make these now instead of woodlore clones.

Found this unbelievable.....
Also, when sharpening a scandi bevel, make sure you take the individual steps of each grit to completion. We tend to get in a hurry and not finish each step, especially the final steps of honing and stropping. If you follow through with each step and strop until the bevel shines, you will most likely have a very sharp and durable edge that will be the envy of all who see it!

So the next time you are having problems with an edge folding over, regardless of make, reassess your sharpening program first before you grab your pitch fork and start poking at the maker.

Thanks and happy cutting,

Rod

Magua

Jan 24, 2020
Germany
It's a close copy of a skookum bushtool, I do a sharper point ,different sheath and a steeper grind than the skookum, I find the grind on the skookum far to acute for a zero grind, my mate had one and after its first proper sharpen the edge just stripped off as soon as it cut a stick.
I really like the design of this knife so I make these now instead of woodlore clones.
I feel like a gravedigger commenting on this old thread, but I find the grind on the Rob Evan's Bushtool to steep unfortunately, I like the Skookum angle better. But that could also be a steel choice related issue, the Skookum is in 3V and yours is 52100 ( or at least I was told so). Now I am thinking about putting some elbow grease to the work and reprofile it by hand, but I think that will ruin the knife... Rob, what is the angle of your scandi on this knife per side? Thanks and stay healthy everyone!

Attachments

• IMG-20200416-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200416-WA0004.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 19

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE