RM Wild Food Book...

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I’ll take 1000 copies please and whilst awaiting delivery open that e-bay trading account I keep putting off! So, that’s part of my pension investment dealt with!!

Cheers

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I can confirm as I contacted woodlore about it last month and they said that it is due to come out in September and they did not like it when I told them amazon was already listing it and they where not even giving any indication that it was not out till September. They also said that they were going to have a word with amazon as they were not even sure that they were using the final cover illustration. They said that they were going to get some to look into it, I day or two later the note about it not being available till September suddenly appeared on amazon's website.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
My girlfriend ordered this for me, for Christmas, thinking it said September 2006!

I told her to read the site properly next time, Amazon always shows the publication date for books.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Mikey P said:
True, but if you want a signed copy, it would probably be best to order from Woodlore. I know lots of people aren't really bothered about little things like this but I always like to get my stuff signed if I can. :rolleyes:

Very wise Mikey P take a look at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bushcraft-I...ef=sr_1_1/203-4064485-6393549?ie=UTF8&s=books
and I think there are more for around the £90 mark

£250 quid for signed copy :eek: I've got a signed copy (signed by RM and Ben McNutt who did the illustrations and am not really bothered if it's signed or not and am more interested in the content, but having said that I wouldn't sell it because it's pretty dog-eared now and have no intention at all of selling it.
I'm not really interested in autographs but if I had Elvis or Muhammed Ali autographs for example, I'd sell them for the higest price I could get my meat hooks on and buy a Tappi tent :D

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
falling rain said:
Very wise Mikey P take a look at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bushcraft-Inspirational-Survival-Wilderness-Signed/dp/0340834838/sr=1-1/qid=1170817805/ref=sr_1_1/203-4064485-6393549?ie=UTF8&s=books
and I think there are more for around the £90 mark

£250 quid for signed copy :eek: I've got a signed copy (signed by RM and Ben McNutt who did the illustrations and am not really bothered if it's signed or not and am more interested in the content, but having said that I wouldn't sell it because it's pretty dog-eared now and have no intention at all of selling it.
I'm not really interested in autographs but if I had Elvis or Muhammed Ali autographs for example, I'd sell them for the higest price I could get my meat hooks on and buy a Tappi tent :D

That is crazy!!!

There must be 100'reds of them out there.! It is not like it is a signed first edition of his original 'THE SURVIVAL HANDBOOK, A Practical Guide to Woodcraft and Woodlore BY RAYMOND MEARS' which even unsigned 1994 reprints like I have regularly go for 85+ on evilbay. Which have inflated prices due to being a bloody good book (Ray's best IMHO) and that is probably going to be out of print of 80+ years for legal reasons.

But I will be getting it from Woodlore, not for the sig (even though I like to have them, and all but my copy of TSH are signed), but even though I know that Mr. Mears is not short of a 'bob or two' if possible I like the author to get the most out of the sale as possible so if they get the retail margin as well as the royalties all the better!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE