River Trip from chester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

Just got back from a trip up the river dee with a little overnight camp and it was "challenging" to say the least. First off we have never realy done much in the way of a long caneo trip on river as most of our trips are on lakes n lochs.
We decided to see how far up the river Dee we could get in two days, we had hoped to get to bangor on dee but alas the river and running current had other ideas :( We managed to get to about 3 miles from Bangor on Dee judging by the map but the current ended up making life hell as once we had run out of slow water areas to canoe in we resorted to bank walking the canoe which also failed miserably due to loose earth and steep banks. The night we stayed over was hard going as i have never seen so many persistant mozzies and especially not ones that can easily bite through 3 layers of clothing :eek: strange stripes on them also :confused:

Anyways i enjoyed the challenge and the DOWN river bit lol. I would advise that anyone thinking of a river trip this summer should take a head net and some light very thick clothing as a long sleaved shirt it not even a challenge for this years mozzies.

Few camera phone pics below but beware (MAN BREAST WARNING!!)

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a good time. we went out for a paddle Sunday and whilst picnicking we realised neither of us had put the roof rack straps in the car and must have left them in a heap in the car park. AARRRGH...... how the hell are we gonna get the canoe home.
Luckily they were still there in a heap when we got back, Phew...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE