Reviews...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
How do you add a review to the Revies section? or can't I?

I've tried searching for reviews, but it didn't come up with anything.

There also doesn't appear to be many articles in the revies section which suprises me as I thought this would be an interesting anv valuable resource for anybody considering a particular item of kit. Is there a reason I'm missing why this area seems to be under-used?

Not bitching about it, just wondered why there were so few and since I joined this forum, none have been added.

Cheers
Geoff

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Ok, there seems to be some confusion still, i.e. whether I can send something to Tony to put in the review section or whether somebody has to be sent an item for review, but I see you point that a number of people seem to just post review type stuff up as general chat in the forum.

I'll probably do that. Just seems a shame that it isn't something that made easier for everyone to do, though I appreciate it may need some control/vetting.

Cheers
Geoff

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Geoff

The Reviews section of the site will be in greater use in the near future, we’ve got a fair number of products on review at the moment and they’ll start filtering onto the site in the near future.
The reviews section of the site is for Bushcraft UK to post reviews of products, they’re nothing to do with the general membership of the forum unless they’re involved in reviewing a product of some sort, either by request or submission.

I do need to post up the submission guidelines in the relevant section of Bushcraft UK, it is on the list! All submissions come by me at the moment.

Members that do a review off their own back can post them in the forums, these reviews will have to adhere to the Buschraft UK rules just like any other post on the forum.

On the odd occasion I may use a review that was posted on the forum for the reviews section (the same with articles) I may also contact someone on the forum that has expressed something that could be interesting for a review or an article.

The Articles, Reviews and 200 degrees sections of the site have only been up for a couple of months and as I said previously, they will be getting a lot more use in the near future.

Just seems a shame that it isn't something that made easier for everyone to do, though I appreciate it may need some control/vetting

There’s not much that’s easier than posting on the forum, that’s the area that any member can post, the other areas of the site are separate areas for me to post up what I want for content. There’s not much easier way to control and vet it than that. ;)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Any update on this? The reviews section is very sparse and there have been alot of reviews on the forum that could be added.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Apologies, I missed this before.

The overhaul of the site is underway and we’re hoping to include a members review area so it’s easier for everyone. Yes, there’s quite a few reviews on here now, I need to go through and list them so that I can start getting some of them up. It’s all time :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE