Review.. Karrimor Saber 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
haha I though about getting some extra and putting them on there, encase they didn't know they were going cheap..

how much are they going for on there?

stevej

Nov 2, 2003
west midlands
thanks for the information got mine from sports world in the bullring ibirmingham saturday they had about 4 left. they are hidden low down at the back if anyone is interested.

cheers mate (the wife is not so impressed, but then you cannot have to many rucksacks)

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
I tried in Sports World in Cardiff and Newport don't have them in either store :( the staff are too young to get any sense out of :?: ,not really the type of stores you would expect to find outdoor gear in. :roll:

regards

beach bum

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
OK, slightly of topic here but I thought it might be worth a mention.

With all of this ringing around that people are doing here, be aware that when you ring an 0870 phone number you are paying an inflated national rate, not what looks like a low cost business rate.
The following link gives more of an explanation
Phone call charges says about 0870 numbers;

0870 National Rate Numbers
UK callers pay the normal national rate for their call while your business benefits from revenue generated from incoming calls as well as appearing to have a nation-wide set-up.

So it is in the businesses interest to get you to hang on the line for as long as possible, or to get you to keep calling back.
I hate sneaky tricks like this and I want to save you lot your hard earned cash.

Sorry if you think this is off-topic and I promise I won't do it again :roll:

Cheers,

Martin

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Thanks for that, I was unaware of any charges being made for 0870 numbers :yikes: , just as well that both stores I rang saw fit not to answer the telephone.
As for being off thread, in view of the above I for one will forgive you :You_Rock_

The guy on evilbay has them starting at £30 with another £7.00 on top for postage.

I could get a coach to brum and still come out in front :shock:

regards

beach bum

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Good post ... yep, 0870 has been a money maker for a while!

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
beach bum said:
I tried in Sports World in Cardiff and Newport don't have them in either store :
but the Swansea Branch had a few on Saturday afternoon, at least one less than they had on Saturday morning though..... :wave:

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
It's for that reason I shall be paying a visit there myself tomorrow :eek:):

Hope this sack is worth the trip, still there's always a plate of Penclawd cockles to be had in Swansea Market, that's worth the trip anyway.

Thanks Justin :wave:

regards

beach bum

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Well if TomTom says so it must be true :super: The thought occured to me that if any one else wants one, I could pick one up as longg as supplies last etc., :biggthump

regards

beach bum

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Justin Time said:
Clem
Sports World have shops all over the Midlands. Check out their storefinder at http://www.sports-world.com/
Had a look on the storefinder,then made a trip to the Mander centre Wolverhampton yesterday,no store :?: ,the Merry Hill centre this afternoon,no store :?: .Reckon they need to update their storefinder meself :shock:

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
CLEM said:
Had a look on the storefinder,then made a trip to the Mander centre Wolverhampton yesterday,no store :?: ,the Merry Hill centre this afternoon,no store :?: .Reckon they need to update their storefinder meself :shock:

I've found that some of the stores have changed name as well.
The Eastbourne store is called "Sports Soccer". I had to check the address again before I was sure I had the right place :?:
Still no rucksacks though !!!

Martin

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
shinobi said:
I've found that some of the stores have changed name as well.
The Eastbourne store is called "Sports Soccer". I had to check the address again before I was sure I had the right place :?:
Still no rucksacks though !!!

Martin
Yep,i found that the stores were called Sports Soccer,but still no rucksacks,i figured they were a different company or part of the same company,i had a look see anyway.No luck.

By the way, are there any real sports shops now days,because they seem more like fashion/clothes stores to me.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
you know.. despite giving this bag a glowing review i did feel there was something missing.. and adjustment need.. only small but one to make all the difference.. so i got out me needle and thread and.. well i think you will agree it makes all the difference ;)

DSCF0062Small.jpg

...much better :biggthump

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Thanks for all the suggestions, I have tried on tha aforementioned Berghaus pack in my local Blacks an it seemed pretty comfortable, but like a lot of these size packs, that hip supports are unpadded.

I think that Saber 30 would be a winner if I can find one for anyhting like that price. Otherwise I might take a look at that Forces 33 pack from one of those links, but if neither of those can be found then I think it will be the Berghaus which at least I can pick up locally.

Off now to search for a Saber 30!

Cheers
Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE