Review - Altberg boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a few quick comments on my new Field and Fell boots:

I went to Glastonbury last week and decided to take my new boots to see how the were - bear in mind that I did not wear "walking sock" just good quality every day socks.

Set of Tuesday pm and drove from Bradford to Bath in them - no problem, I'm us to driving in combat boots but these where very comfy.

Arrived at Glastonbury Wednesday am. Distance from car to our camp area about 1.5 miles - 2 trips with excessively heavy rucksac (well, we did take a cocktail bar), across field and metal trackway in very hot weather. No problem, lots of ankle support (I've a weak right ankle). No rubbing or tender spots on my feet. Also desite the boots been lined no sweaty feet!

spent thursday wander in around all day - must of walked 10miles. No problem with hot feet - I tend to get athletes foot if they get to hot.

Friday - woke up to a flooded site, you've seen the pictures. Tent was OK as we camped on high ground. Spent the day wandering around ankle deep in mud that varied in consitancy from milky coffee to thick clay gloop. Boots offered loads of grip. At the end of the day my sock where still as dry as when I put them on. - Who needs wellies.

Saturday & Sunday much the same but drying and hotter - still didn't slip over in the thickening clay & feet still dry and unsweaty.

monday - 3 trips back to car (SWMBO to hungover to help). and drive back home - fine.

Although not a real bushy trial of the boots got a real hammering. I spent 6 days wandering around in conditions that where hot, very wet and slippy with no problems at all. No blister, no sign of athletes foot (due to sweaty feet).

Conclusion - I would certainly but another pair and tell anyone to consider getting them as the conditions where worse that when I generally go out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE