Reproofing my Russian Gorka.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I'm a bit of an avid airsofter so some of the kit i have is Russian as thats the style i like when playing (nowt better then hosing your m8's with an AK) last year i got myself a Russian Gorka, for those unfamiliar with this its a Mountain suit used by the MVD (internal special forces) and comes in plain olives or in camouflage patterns, the one i have is seen in this here pic:
Pete3.jpg

apologies on the size, and no thats not a Real AK before anyone asks, its metal and wood but the internals look more like what you'd find in a remote control car (pm me questions or google airsoft)

anyhoo its Duck Cotton and is wonderfully wind proof and roomy and reasonably shower proof, however i'm thinking of using nikwax cotton proof on it to make it a bit more water resistant and i'm after advice really on how to apply it and would it effect the excellent breathing properties of it?

thanks
pete

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Just chuck it in the washer and follow the instructions, should work fine and the breathability should increase as it will wet out less.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE