Replacement Scales for Buck Ranger 112 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Hello All ,
I have a Buck Ranger 112 knife (folder) and I removed the original scales with the intention of replacing them with something a little more quality , buffalo horn , bone or whatever . Anyone know of a supplier or even maybe a forum member on here who can either supply scales or even fit them for me ? Preferably from UK or Europe .
Thanks

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Since the scales are not designed to be removable, I do not think you will find any supplier of pre-made scales. If you are just looking for some thin and flat stabilised wood that you would cut to size and fit, I am sure someone could sort you out.

There are a number of good threads on Bladeforums about replacing scales.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What are your thoughts on stabilised wood? I know some knife collectors don't like wood at all, would rather have Micarta on fixed blades than any kind of wood.
There are a few places that sell stabilised knife handle materials, like
A block of such wood might be more than you want to pay.

I have some odd shaped blocks of curly redwood and silver birch burr that I could slice some scales off if you wanted to give it a try yourself. I am a bit leery about offering to do the job myself, mostly because I should be spending my time on some other projects...I don't need more excuses to procrastinate!

Reactions: airborne09

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
What are your thoughts on stabilised wood? I know some knife collectors don't like wood at all, would rather have Micarta on fixed blades than any kind of wood.
There are a few places that sell stabilised knife handle materials, like
A block of such wood might be more than you want to pay.

I have some odd shaped blocks of curly redwood and silver birch burr that I could slice some scales off if you wanted to give it a try yourself. I am a bit leery about offering to do the job myself, mostly because I should be spending my time on some other projects...I don't need more excuses to procrastinate!
I am really sorry for the late reply to your kind offer but medical problems got in the way and it is only now that I am starting this project with a nice set of olive wood scales .
Thanks again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE