Replacement for Sabre 75?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
In view that PRI have launched their new Predator Tecmac 45 and 50 as a sort of Sabre 45 replacement does anyone know if they are going to do the same for Sabre 75 & 60-100. Just looking to buy a new large rucsac and was wondering whether I should hold off to see what's like.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I know what you mean. I am after something bigger than my current pack, a Berghaus 35+6, to carry sleeping gear in (sleeping bag/bivi/tent etc..) and really like the look of a Tecmac 50 but a 75 in the same design may be a wiser move. It would probably be worth waiting for. Yoiu could always mail them on the off chance...

jimp

Settler
Nov 8, 2008
cleveland uk.
hi, just got a lowe alpine salient, top quality, (£100 on the bay new) just looking for side pockets any ideas? dont want zips on them.
jim.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
In view that PRI have launched their new Predator Tecmac 45 and 50 as a sort of Sabre 45 replacement does anyone know if they are going to do the same for Sabre 75 & 60-100. Just looking to buy a new large rucsac and was wondering whether I should hold off to see what's like.

The 'Predator' 45 and 50 are being issued to troops on deployment in Afghanistan the packs were designed to fullfill the requirements of the Army /MOD as I understand it rather than PRI speculatively designing a new product to replace the Sabre range.

The esiest way to find out as suggested is to drop PRI a line and ask I suppose.. Of course there are a lot of different types of 'large green packs' out there other than the Sabre range to consider and even more 'large not green packs'.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the advice, have had further look round and seen the Lowe Alpine Saracen anyone tried this one? Seems to be good similar sort of price to the SAbre 60-100
http://www.rvops.co.uk/lowe-alpine-saracen-120l-olive-1885.html

Lowe Alpine Rucksacks are well made and well featured and have an adjustable back system which allows you to adjust the fit precisely.

If you do not mind DPM then I believe Endicotts in Exeter have some Ex Dutch Army ones in stock...

RV OPS are very good to deal with and very quick on shipping etc...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Lowe Alpine Rucksacks are well made and well featured and have an adjustable back system which allows you to adjust the fit precisely.

If you do not mind DPM then I believe Endicotts in Exeter have some Ex Dutch Army ones in stock...

RV OPS are very good to deal with and very quick on shipping etc...

Ref Saracens , Yes Endicotts do , Got one in there with a Sting being mended for a good price. Suggest you give them a ring 01392 433331.

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
Thanks again, was looking for non DPM. Planning a few trips and would prefer non DPM.

Last edited:

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
In the dutch army, some guys who are long don't like the saracen. They also say the hipbelt from the karrimor is stronger then the saracen especially when you carry heavy loads for a long time. (special troops). So if possible, try to test both of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE