Reindeer Skins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I love my reindeer skins brought back from Norway a few years ago but I've finally decided I can't stand the hairs everywhere anymore. They literally stick to everything and seem to loose more in a day than is on the skin in the first place.

So, What are the alternatives for inside the trekking tent in the cold?

There may be two very nice skins available but it may take me a while to finally decide to get rid of them :(

Cheers,

Broch

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
The only problem with the dog fleece blankets is you gotta get kill off a lot of small dogs to make a decent size one.

Of course if you knew a big Two Dogs and used the pelt that would do the same thing.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
im looking to get some deerskins this year, last year i could have got 2 for £150 at the outdoors show kicking myself now maybe the bushcraft show will have some on offer. Must admit sheepskins look very good too and alot more affordable

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
im looking to get some deerskins this year, last year i could have got 2 for £150 at the outdoors show kicking myself now maybe the bushcraft show will have some on offer. Must admit sheepskins look very good too and alot more affordable

Don't kick yourself too much, that's pretty expensive I reckon.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Welcome Wood Dweller. I agree, sheepskin is good. I have a sheepskin rug and a deerskin and although the latter is probably a bit warmer, the sheepskin is tougher, can be used and abused more and is very comfortable, not to mention cheaper.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
On another thread recomendation, I bought from http://www.amblesidesheepskins.co.uk/, the pot luck seconds for £40 ea for reindeer- they're a bit mis-shapen but perfectly servicable. They shed soooo much tho, I was thinking about using a stretcher to work in some lavender polish with a bit of oil added to reduce the hair loss... have you skin owners any recomendations? Otherwise in answer to post 1, I use sheepskins off ebay (lambland) mostly tho they're all used for a few yrs as seat covers, then rugs, before demotion to the hammock :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE