Refinished Hawk.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
This is a refinished goldenburg forged hawk. It is a very sturdy head with a good weight. The handle is 19" hickory. (This thing out chops my SFA with ease!) The head slides off (as a hawk should) comes complete with hand rivited sheath.

£45 if you pay postage

20130523_120408.jpg

20130523_120422.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I will swallow the postage. Not gonna reduce this any furthrer though. Would rather keep it...

I can supply more pictures if needed

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Looking for cash as I need to fund a tilly hat

F.Y.I. I seen Tily hats are 20% off in gooutdoors at the mo, plus there is a 15% discount on everything this bank holiday.
Good luck with sale, lovely Hawk
Cheers
Bill

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Here is a picture next to an SFA for comparison.

20130524_160721.jpg

Biker

Not a fan of Hawks, but looks nice and tidy

This is one I restored and sold here on BCUK to Teedee, he sold it on or traded it to Pignut who modified it by cutting off the curved top of the blade making it more like an Indian Tomahawk. He also fitted a longer handle I believe. Very nice modding Pignut, and I'm glad TheDawnAwakanes likes it so much.

I really like these tomahawks, very handy pieces of kit. I've got a load more in the pipeline to restore soon.

Biker

Well I'm still holding it an WOW, my first hawk and it rocks!

Your enthusiasm for it is coming through loud and clear! Just for your information it came all the way from France. I first came across the name Goldenberg having bought an axe head then asked some questions about it. You can read about it here

That axe head could potentially be from pre 1924. It would be nice confirm that they stopped stamping Goldenberg on their tools after the company was absorbed by Peugeot Ferres

I also found some more information about them HERE if you're interested in a bit of history about the makers.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE