Reference books

Malc

Jan 17, 2011
Chelmsford
I'm looking around for some Bushcraft books (either in or out of print) and wondered if anyone has any recommendations.
Thanks
m

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Collins do a series of books in the 'gem' or pocket range, also full size.

Tree's, Mushrooms, SAS Survival Guide, Richard Mabey's Food for Free...

Picked up 4 books for £11 with free postage from Amazon last week and they are superb books. I'm sure you will get tons more recommendations though and welcome to the forum, al.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rays Outdoor Survival Handbook (and all it's variants) is a really good read, the book is broken down into seasons and gives you things to do all year round. The illustrations are basic but for learning skills it's one of the best out there IMHO.

Malc

Jan 17, 2011
Chelmsford
Thanks for the welcome, I will check out Amazon.. I was also looking for any really old titles as well or lesser known books. I have the Ray Mears and some of the collins gems books, they are very good, but was wondering if anyone had any reference to material from way back.
M

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Collins do a series of books in the 'gem' or pocket range, also full size.

Tree's, Mushrooms, SAS Survival Guide, Richard Mabey's Food for Free...

Couldnt agree more!! the food for free, trees, mushrooms and wild flowers come in my pack almost every time i go out. Small enough and light enough not to be burdened by carrying them. highly recommended.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
SAS survival is always in my pack, i also carry food for free, and when its the season i carry my mushy book too.
i also have one on tree's and the coast.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE