Redneck Gear

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The bog dwelling reed eating 6 toed hunchback with a gradient allergy and a bearded sister/wife/mum who drove you to school in a a bit of a Norfolk accent

I believe they speak very highly of you in those parts, Pete! :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The bog dwelling reed eating 6 toed hunchback with a gradient allergy and a bearded sister/wife/mum who drove you to school in a a bit of a Norfolk accent

I believe they speak very highly of you in those parts, Pete! :)

Oi, Mac!! I've got 7 toes, thank you very much!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
YUUUUP
u8utupe8.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thank the good Lord (another one of my family ancestral surnames - "Lord") for spelling differences.
I am a "Fenna" not a "Fenner" and the surname derives from the Irish "Fianna" or the Moroccan dialect - where it means "beautiful"!

No multiple digits here!
Where I grew up on the edge of the the fens in East Angla, It was a derogatory slur that the people who came from the reclaimed agricultural flatlands of the fens ( parts of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Lincolnshire) were a little bit backwards. The accent changes quite markedly from the fenland area as soon as you leave it.
The bog dwelling reed eating 6 toed hunchback with a gradient allergy and a bearded sister/wife/mum who drove you to school in a tractor with a bit of a Norfolk accent was the general stereotype.

If you lived in the fens, you were a "Fenner".

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That's kind of surprising, since the Boers were Dutch settlers and they're blonde themselves.
Different hats maybe ? one protected the neck and the other didn't ? I know that if I don't wear one with a neck guard, like a kepi or the ones the Australians use on their kids, I can get very burnt very quickly.

I didn't think of the hats, but the Boers would have worn wide brimmed hats and the British would have worn shakoes. Also the Boers were farmers and would have been very tanned.

Nah - the Brits wore helmets with neck guards even in the First Boer war - shakoes went out of fashion (except for parades) a bit after the Crimea... British Police helmets are based on the Military helmet...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE