Recommend me a water filter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Thirst aid filter doesnt fit the ortlieb bag but the filter on my drinksafe systems 1l explorer canteen does fit the ortlieb. no idea what size the msr bladder thread is

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
oops i was replying to a post re the thirst aid bag.

sowwy guys rushing to get out the door. Anyhow i wouldnt go with a filter that didnt take out everything. three i looked at were drink safe systems, thirst aid bag, lifesaver bottle.

That's the same filter that is used in the traveller Sam.
I have the traveller bottle and am very impressed with it.
I contacted pure hydration direct, and they sell the bag for £20 without the filter, so for around £60 you could have a portable filter for on the move and then when you get to camp put the filter in the bag and have a larger amount of water on hand.
It's something that is quite appealing to me tbh!!
But I have now just bought a 3 litre source bladder so am on the look out for an inline filter for it.
I managed to pick up an pure hydration bottle and spare brand new filter for £30 on the bay.

Bare thrills also has the bag filter you linked to so may be able to offer some more details about it.
Cheers
Steve

This one Steve?
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/pure-hydration-aquapure-traveller-water-bottle-4759-p.asp

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ah
i thought you were talking about the one i linked to from ebay two or three posts above
you were talkin about the thirst aid one cross references there hence my confusion.
thirst aid it might be.... or the ebay one if anyone can back up the quality

dont dismiss the explorer canteen. if the msr thread is the same as an ortlieb you will have a plug and play multi use filter system

http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE