recommend a good course?

Jul 22, 2009
Ireland
Hi guys and gals

was wondering if any of you could recommend a good bushcraft course to go on, something about a week long and not to advanced.

I had a look at the woodsmoke woodlander course is seems pretty good, but what are your thoughts? and good recommendations?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi guys and gals

was wondering if any of you could recommend a good bushcraft course to go on, something about a week long and not to advanced.

I had a look at the woodsmoke woodlander course is seems pretty good, but what are your thoughts? and good recommendations?

Someone else asked almost the same question a short while ago.

Here's the thread with various suggestions and recomendations :)

From personal experience I've been on the Woodlore Fundamental course and it was extremely good

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I've just returned from a Bushcraft Expeditions Foundation course (1 week on an estate in Dorset; all the basic skill areas) and thought it was brilliant. Great site, instructors and I learned loads - no affiliation/ interest, etc etc just a happy customer!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just come off of a fantastic weekend. Even though disabled (walking, etc) made to feel very welcome and accepted. Learnt a lot from the three excellent instructors, came home with knowledge and supplies (including the obligitory wooden spoons). Highly recommend the one day and weekend courses.
Started with Ronnie Sunshines open day, then their one day and finally stayed the weekend with them. Give it 5/5
http://www.woodland-ways.co.uk
http://www.ronniesunshines.com/

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
I would go with Bushcraft Expeditions, there foundation course is 7 days long and i had such a good time i'v gone back and done there Quest course, camp craft and cookery course and in September i'm of to do the Tracking course. I'm hoping to get round to doing all of there courses, even the one's abroad. You'll have such a good time with them you'll just want to do more.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've just returned from a Bushcraft Expeditions Foundation course (1 week on an estate in Dorset; all the basic skill areas) and thought it was brilliant. Great site, instructors and I learned loads - no affiliation/ interest, etc etc just a happy customer!

I could not agree more: it's a superb course that will, no doubt, spur you on to either do the next one up or just head out and use what you've learned yourself. Great woods - superb instruction.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
woodsmoke are brilliant. went on the native 2 years ago and had a great time and learnt a lot . highly recomended. i really want to do the north woods course in maine at some point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE